Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thing 6 - Online Image Generators

"Later" became "sooner" when Thing 6 took me back to the Big Huge Labs website. Soooo....my motivator poster seems more like an online image generator than a mashup. I'm back to my initial conclusion; mashups are just too darn random for me. However, I had great fun with the image generators. Though many are limited in flexibility, they do provide quick and easy options for using photos. Of the image generators that I tried, Map Maker, Matte and Calendar were selections to which I might return. Through color-coding, Map Maker allows the user to see the states he/she has visited. What a great introduction to this unit of study. Also, using image generators may be a novel way to draw attention to announcements on classroom TVs.

Trading card - this trading card illustrates the book, Twilight. Trading cards may be a way for students to share a synopsis of a book they have enjoyed.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Funny that you mention TV announcements- Connie had emailed me earlier this summer about doing visual announcements via TV.

Oh, and I like your pictures ;).