Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thing 8 - Sharing Your Creations

Next day...
While browsing other blogs, I found someone who successfully embedded their Zoho presentation. Back to the drawing board. This time I switched over to the Edit Html page and it worked. Duh.




Really... I hate to share my creations. I am sure there are others like me, who just aren't the sharing kind. Sure, I share with students in the library; I share with colleagues; I share with friends, but to share with the world? Oh, no. However, in the interest of progress with 23 Things and my desire to analyze the options available to kids in the educational setting, I have a link below to my brief book presentation created on Zoho. It must be public (UGH) to "share" the link. It appears that it can be embedded into my blog, but early attempts failed.

http://show.zoho.com/View.do?P_ID=283823000000004017&P_STIME=0&TP=true&displayall=true&THEME=colorful_chords&USER=gabrielsons&DOC=Summer%20Books%202008



It finally sunk in. Last year, a young and enthusiastic Web 2.0 colleague at school brought Zoho to my attention. We were talking about word processing. I understood, but lacked enthusiasm. Today, as I looked at Zoho Show, I got it. Students experiencing difficulty with transfer of documents between home and school, due to version or system incompatibilities, m ayuse online document resources. I tried Zoho Show and it worked!! It was easy to login (I had my login), easy to create and save a new presentation. My colleague has moved on to another online resource called Buzzword. We'll have to compare the two and decide what will work best for students. There is an art research project coming up soon; we may be on a roll before the end of the month!

No comments: