Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Thing 28 - A Place to Call Home

It was wonderfully fun to revisit the organization of my iGoogle homepage. Having a personal homepage suits me; I like having so many of my favorite web resources in one place. Because I rely upon my Google Calendar, I didn't want to change to another service. (TBH, I may not have wanted to change, but I do like my Google Calendar.) Anyway, reading the articles gave me some new ideas for homepage design. Adding a TwitterGadget and Delicious feed to my front page seems to save time and hopefully keeps me from falling into the Twitter Time Twap. I can glance at the gadget, check links and move on...I hope. I also wanted to explore Google Reader, so moved my favorite librarian feeds on over to Google. For now, I'm keeping my Bloglines account. Change is a process.

I like the eSchool News widgets available from their website. They offer three options, Top News, Technology and Funding News. The link to customize size and color also allows one to select summaries and/or images in the widget. I found only the Top News stories available through the iGoogle add stuff feature. This widget has a bit more color and class than your regular feed.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Google Reader FTW!

p met said...

You might like the Weather Girl gadget.


it's your standard weather gadget with a cute twist, custom artwork.


let me know at ginga (dot) gadgets (at) gmail (dot) com what you think about it!