Friday, February 20, 2009

Thing 27 - No, Not Twitter!

I was ready to take David Lee King's advise in Twitter Explained for Librarians, "With emerging trends, you really should play with the stuff you’re interested in, and let others mess with things that don’t interest you. But then - and this is important - SHARE. So with Twitter, I’ll watch twitter and tell you if I find something useful for libraries. You go watch something else, and report back, too - that’s how the blogosphere works! Make sense?"


I was ready to watch something else. After spending a couple hours watching the videos and reading the articles, I had not been able to convince myself to pursue this avenue of communication.


Then, a friend stepped in.


I have a Twitter account. I have been convinced to linger longer with Twitter. I am moving on with the Things, but I will check in with Twitter and withhold my judgement for now.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

More like a friend twisted your arm. :)