Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 4 - Flickr


Photography is not my strength. Not surprisingly, Flickr does not immediately capture my imagination. OK, I can certainly see the benefits of storing photos online, having the ability to share them with friends and family, even browse through photos posted by those more gifted that I.
That being said, I am intriqued by the ability to search for photos by geographic location. (geotagged) I stumbled upon this photo, "London from the Stone Gallery" photographed by otrocalpe and displayed on Flickr. This photographer has received many accolades from others for this and other photos in his/her collection. At full size, this photo is magnificent. Anyone studying London today?
I really appreciated the link to Creative Commons licensing. We need to continually work with students to help them understand that photographs belong to the photographer, just as text belongs to the author. Creative Commons provides an excellent example.



No comments: