Saturday, February 9, 2008

Thing 2

Anticipating that the 23 Things would be technical "how-to's," I was pleased to find myself in the midst of the "why." I certainly looked forward to becoming more familiar and comfortable with "how," but wondered if I would really use these tools for the library or only to support teachers in projects they wished to pursue. Clearly, this needs additional thought. Often, I find myself in the position of seeking student input. Why not use the online tools that they enjoy? I currently spend the time seeking them out. Not always practical in a school setting. In the long run, one might be more efficient using a Library 2.0 approach - once the tools are mastered. I agree with Abram, the time must be managed.

After reading the "Ongoing Web Revolution" and Blyberg's "11 Reasons," I wonder where this might lead. My sudden change in perspective plays right into Abrams, "look at the unintended consequences." I do not know where this thought will lead at this time, but I am already convinced that it will lead to change.

No comments: